The largest winter festival in North America is here! Our one and only winter festival just happens to be so amazing it brings spectators from all over the world. The main point of Fur Rendezvous when it started in 1935,was to bring the people of Alaska
together and that is still the theme today!
Every day of the 10-day festival hosts multiple events that locals can participate in. We don’t want you to miss out any spectating or participation so we’ve but together a schedule of all the events that you can reference!
First and foremost, here is the official Fur Rondy website link, so any questions you have can be answered by searching this site: https://bit.ly/2sY74Cb
A look at our favorite events:
- Rondy Rotary Beer Festival at the Alaska Center for Performing Arts. If you are over the age of 21 you can kick off the Rondy celebrations at the Rondy Rotary Beer Festival.
- Alaska State Snow Sculpture Championship at Ship Creek Avenue. This all-day event starting at 10am will have amateurs and professionals carving masterpieces from blocks of snow. The winner of this competition will represent the state of
Alaska at U.S. nationals. Make sure to spend 30 minutes walking around the sculptures. You will be amazed by the details!
- Day 1 of the Sled Dog Races starts today at noon. Don’t miss the start (the most exciting part!) at the corner of 4th Ave
and D Street in downtown Anchorage.
- The Rondy Carnival is also held today from noon to 9pm. Food vendors, a Ferris Wheel, games and face painting – this is a must attend event if you have kids!
- The Frostbite Footrace starts at 9:30am. Dress up and hit the pavement with your friends. Costumes are highly encouraged, frostbite is not! So, dress appropriately!
- The Snowshoe Softball tournament is also held today. If you want a good laugh go watch adults playing softball in snowshoes!
- Ice Bowling on Peanut Farm Road is a classic of the Rondy weekend. Grab some friends and head out for a one-of-a-kind bowling experience.
- The Grand Parade is also today. Go support your community as members sit through the freezing whether on their floats! It starts at 10:30am.
- End this busy day by watching the Fireworks Extravaganza at night.
- Who loves a good puzzle? If you, the Rondy DASH should be on the top of your list of things to do. Get a team together and participate in the downtown scavenger hunt.
- Cheer for the final day of the Open World Championship Sled Dog Races. If you missed the start at Day 1 & 2, make sure you make it to the start of the final day!
- World Championship Outdoor Hockey Tournament is today. A huge outdoor hockey competition with a great family atmosphere. Go cheer on the local hockey players!
We can’t wait to celebrate our community, spirit, and the beginning to the end of winter with all of the entire community of Alaska!