Moving day is here! Your calendars are marked, the schedule is cleared, and the only thing left to do is prepare. With the right preparation, moving day will come and go in a blink of an eye!
Set your budget
– When you move into your new home, you’ll have a mortgage payment coming up, last-minute
repairs and additional last-minute purchases for your new home. Once you can price out those costs, figure out how much money you have left that you feel comfortable allotting to your move. Moving costs include hiring a mover (If you choose to do so),
boxes, paying to have large pieces of junk removed, and more.
Declutter, sell and donate
– Before you start packing, go through each room of your house and sort through all your belongings. Anything you no longer use, want or
need should be put into piles to donate, sell or throw away. Getting rid of the piles before you start packing will save you time and boxes during your move!
Forward your mail
– Go to the post office a few days before your move to request the post office start forwarding your mail to your new home starting on move-in
– Call your internet, cable and power suppliers and notify them of your last day at your old home and first day at your new address. You’ll want to
be able to have power and internet on moving day!
– You can’t pack too early! Especially items in your house that are out of season and you won’t be looking to use them anytime soon. The earlier you start packing,
the less stress you will have the weeks leading up to moving day. If your moving this fall, all summer clothing, toys, and linens could be packed away first.
The key to a smooth move is planning. Go through this checklist and start decluttering your home and packing up any items you can. Good luck with your move!