1. Wrongly Pricing Your Home – Overpricing or underpricing your home is a sure-fire way to lose money. It’s important to know the worth of the neighborhood you live in and
the market conditions. Overpricing your home will keep it on the market toolong and underpricing it will make you lose significant money. Working with a REALTOR will help to make sure your home is correctly priced so you get the full value of your home.
2. Neglecting Necessary After-Winter Repairs – From roof to lawn damage, a harsh winter can take a toll on your home. Before you put your house on the market make the
necessary “curb appeal” repairs to lure prospective buyers in and to add monetary value to your home.
3. Using Lousy Photos – Many buyers today go online to look for homes. If you have unflattering photos that don’t represent the quality
of your home buyers will likely skip right over it. Photos will send buyers to look at your home in person so make sure you invest in a professional photographer to best capture your home.
4. Letting Your Ego Get Involved – I’m sure you have personal connections to your home but when you are trying to sell it you have to let those feelings go. You may find
yourself wrongfully negotiating with prospective buyers because of your attachment to the home. Remember, this is a business transaction, leave your personal feelings for your home out of the conversation.
5. Trying to Sell Your Home by Yourself – Hire a professional!! You have enough going on in your life. Let a professional do their
job and get you the best deal possible in a timely manner on your home.