1. Security – Condos offer greater security than free standing homes because the condo building provides an extra obstacle for intruders. Also, condos usually have neighbors connected
to both sides of them. You will feel safer knowing your neighbors are always very close by, especially if you head out of town. They can keep an eye out for your home while you're away.
2. Amenities – When you are looking to buy a condo make sure to look for one that comes with appealing amenities. Some condos have workout rooms, theater rooms, a swimming pool, a hot
tub or a party room. These all add extra value to your everyday living and are available to you at any time as an owner of the condo.
3. Maintenance – One of the biggest perks of condo living is as a condo owner you will not be responsible for maintenance. HOA covers that. The fees you pay to live in the condo (HOA fees)
will cover maintenance such as fixing light bulbs, taking care of the yard, and snow removal.
4. Cost Effective – Condo are typical less expensive per square foot compared to a home. Also, the mortgage plus condo fees can be equivalent to the rent you would pay if you didn’t own
it. Therefore, owning a condo can be financially beneficial for you.
5. Lifestyle – Many condo associations cater to a specific clientele. Some target retirees while others target young professionals. If you want to live in an area surrounded by similar
people, a condo can provide that for you.
6. Location – If you want to live downtown Anchorage, your best option will be a condo. They will not only be cheaper than the cost of a home in the same location but there will be more
condo options in the city (or any city).